So iphone cases – we found out the hard way that these clear, indestructible, totally hot little plastic numbers are surprisingly hard to take off of the machine when you need to connect the1/8th inch cable.
But lucky for us, DJ Stone Fox is married to this guy:
Yep. He’s the bomb. And with no more than a 5 minute notice, the man can upload a mix to an ipod and get it over to the studio. Mmm mmm mmmm!
Thanks to Kelley Clink for being there in the clutch with her ipod and some Prince to get us started while Macgyver worked his magic! And thanks to all the new comers who came to make good on their resolutions and give DDPP a try. I don’t want to be presumptuous (oh wait, yes I do) – but I imagine your 2009 resolution list might have looked something like this:
1. Be nicer to myself: stop judging, start loving
1.a. Be nicer to others: stop judging, start loving
2. Have buckets of fun with my ladies
3. Get reeeeeal comfortable with my body – learn to love it for all the amazing moves contained within
4. Expose myself to new music
5. Give myself some time each week to turn my brain off and just have fun
6. Feel like an 11 year old at my best friend’s sleepover party at least once a week
7. Make new friends and connections
8. Save money. Don’t take a lot of $15 yoga classes
9. Get some exercise
(Yep. I’m too lazy to make #1a into #2 and renumber the rest of the list. That’s for 2010: Stop being so GD lazy.)
Thanks to DJ Stone Fox for mixing up such a beat and bass-a-licious playlist for us.We know how ladies loooooove their bass .
In review: I met a lot of new goodness in the form of ladies, heard a lot of new goodness in the form of song, and even developed a new move that’s been waiting to emerge for quite some time: the cartilage. What is it, you ask? Why it’s when you pretend you have no bones in your body, only cartilage. And then you let everything get all goopy and slack. There you go. No charge. Want to see it in action? See ya next Wednesday.
And now, the mix heard round the hood:
PS – if you left a red sigg water bottle at class. We gots it.
Filed under: Playlists | Leave a Comment »