As I sit here with a goofy smile on my face trying to think of as many synonyms, antonyms, quips and clever jabs having to do with pickles I suddenly remember the sweat and joy I felt this past Wednesday night during the amazingly jam-tastic mix from our beloved DJ PICKLEBACK. I don’t know if she just loves pickles or if she is referring to that hilarious Facebook spoof from a few years ago when we were all trying to lobby to get more fans for a dill pickle than there were for the notoriously crappy band Nickelback, but either way I am in love.
As this riDILLculous sketch from Portlandia reminds us – when something goes awry, WE CAN PICKLE THAT!
From Vlasic rock to DILL-ightful dance hits, we were shimmying in our own disco brine to this kosher mix! Our gerkins were blazin’! Our legs and arms were in a pickle – flailing around to the cucumberant beats. I may have just blown all of my pickle references in three sentences but it was great, was it not? First Claussen perhaps?
1. Romeo – Dolly Parton
2. Waka Waka – Shakira
3. Shots – LMFAO & Lil Jon
4. Good Time – Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen
5. Boom Boom- Rye Rye
6. The Heart of Rock & Roll – Huey Lewis & The News
7. All the Small Things – Blink-182
8. Blister In The Sun – Violent Femmes
9. We Found Love – Rihanna We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris)
10. South Side – Moby
11. Triple Double – Girl Talk
12. Motownphilly – Boyz II Men
13. You Make My Dreams – Hall & Oates
14. Just Like Heaven – The Cure
15. Crazy In Love – Beyoncé Crazy In Love
16. Wide Open Spaces – Dixie Chicks
I did some quick interviews with some lesser known pickles and got some GREAT feedback!