So, this den mama has a confession to make. It’s a big one, especially on Oscar Night, after DJ Flaming Cheese served up a hot lovin’ spoonful of awesome movie music.
Here it is.
I almost never go to the movies.
[Insert collective gasp of horror!!]
I love movies. Don’t get me wrong. I just…you know…forget.
Thankfully, DJ Flaming Cheese and her fabulous playlist full of booty-bustin’ tunes from the silver screen has convinced me of the error of my ways. My cinematic education motivation is HAPPENING NOW. I simply cannot wait to hunker down for the remainder of the winter and catch up on all the great flicks I’ve missed over the years, starting with…let’s just say a LOT of the movies on this here special song + artist + movie playlist that DJ Flaming Cheese so graciously ignited for us:
- Song: Goldfinger; Artist: Shirley Bassey; Movie: Goldfinger
- Song: American Woman; Artist: Lenny Kravitz; Movie: Austin Powers, The Spy Who Shagged Me
- Song: Stir It Up; Artist: Patti LaBelle; Movie: Beverly Hills Cop
- Song: 9 to 5; Artist: Dolly Parton; Movie: 9 to 5
- Song: Total Eclipse of the Heart (Dance Mix); Artist: Nicki French; Movie: Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle
- Song: As If; Artist: Blaque; Movie: Bring It On
- Song: Ghostbusters; Artist: Ray Parker, Jr.; Movie: Ghostbusters
- Song: Call Me; Artist: Blondie; Movie: American Gigolo
- Song: Tell Me Something Good; Artist: Pink; Movie: Happy Feet
- Song: Rock and Roll Hootchie Coo; Artist: Rick Derringer; Movie: Dazed and Confused
- Song: Good Thing; Artist: Fine Young Cannibals; Movie: Tin Men
- Song: Greased Lightning; Artist: Jeff Conaway & John Travolta; Movie: Grease
- Song: Dazz; Artist: Brick; Movie: 10 Things I Hate About You
- Song: Voulez Vous; Artist: Cast of Mamma Mia!; Movie: Mamma Mia!
- Song: The Shoop Shoop Song; Artist: Cher; Movie: Mermaids
- Song: Now That We Found Love; Artist: Heavy D & The Boyz; Movie: Hitch
- Song: One Night Only; Artist: Anika Noni Rose; Movie: Dreamgirls
- Song: I’ve Never Been to Me; Artist: Charlene; Movie: Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
Hands down, my favorite moment was everybody fast-clapping like the cast of Grease to the breakdown in “Greased Lightning.” You ladies brought it like Sandy in hot pants! Tell me about it, stud!
And, in case that playlist wasn’t enough to convince you of the power of flaming cheese, CHECK THIS OUT. Flaming cheese literally brought traffic in Norway to a stop. For FOUR DAYS, plus however long it took to clear the fumes.
Behold, the power of cheese. OPA!